- Ensure all plant patrols of all Electrical equipment are executed as assigned daily.
- Execute routine/preventive/breakdown/corrective maintenance as assigned daily.
- Ensure the summary of routine/preventive/breakdown/corrective maintenance activities is reported on CMMS daily as assigned.
- Responsible for the practical training of trainees on electrical equipment at water treatment plants, water wells, low voltage circuit breakers electric motors and electrical equipment in general.
- Monitor and oversee all jobs executed by third parties to the company to ensure timely close out, quality and within the scope of work.
- Ensure safety guidelines and safe work procedures are strictly adhered to on and off maintenance activities.
- Awareness, understanding and application of Quality & HSE policies on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application of departmental /process objectives;
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the IMS, including the benefits of improved performance;
- Awareness of the risks of not conforming with the EGBIN IMS requirements.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all company codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Technicians/Senior Engineers/Lead Engineers and Section Head.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of OND or its equivalent in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical knowledge of all electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of the working principles and maintenance of electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of operation principles of electrical equipment
- Basic knowledge of various electrical tests on electrical equipment
- Knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects
- Monitor spare inventory management for electrical equipment
- Basic knowledge of electrical codes and standards